Above Colorado National Monument and Glade Park on Pinon Mesa in the Fruita section of the Grand Mesa National Forest. Run through aspen groves, lush meadows, pine forest and often a mud hole or two. Wildflowers are usually abundant. Lollipop course up Turkey Flats trail to Reservoir #1 Road past Reservoir #1 onto Reservoir Trail single track climbing until right onto Ridge Trail doubletrack, more gradual climbing to high point at right turn onto Haypress single track, descend through heavy forest to large meadow to rejoin Turkey Flats trail for final descent back to finish. Start is at 8,876' with high point about 9,700'. Self-supported. One of the Striders best weekend-long events. Join us for group camping, Saturday night potluck, and great friendship!
- Distancing of 6-feet will be maintained for registration and start.
- The cooler will be there! Beverages will be served by a sanitary gloved person so that it will be like a safe food truck rather than an open buffet.
- Sorry, no shared food pot-luck. Bring your own water and nutrition.
- We will continue to vigorously encourage distancing both before, during and after the runs. Have a mask handy if things get tight as we gather or out on the trail. Bring a chair if you want to comfortably relax afterwards with a proper gap.
- As always, if you have felt the least bit symptomatic in the last 14 days or if you've been in contact with a symptomatic person within the last 14 days, please refrain from joining us until you've been cleared.
- Likewise, if you are a vulnerable person or need to be in regular contact with a vulnerable person, please consider wisely whether coming out is worth the risk.